The Board has decided in its meeting on June 2, 2022 to carry forward to the ECA Disciplinary Committee a motion of the Ukrainian and Italian ECA member federations to suspend the ECA member federation of Russia by immediate effect .
The Disciplinary Committee shall set a hearing date within 4 weeks of its being appointed at which it will decide the matter upon written or oral evidence submitted to it. The decision must be published to all members within 2 weeks of the hearing being concluded. If a party to the proceedings wishes to appeal they have 2 weeks from the publishing of the decision.
According to the ECA statues, the ECA Disciplinary Committee is the only competent body to decide about the suspension of an ECA member federation (Art. 15, 3 ECA statues).
The ECA Board expressed its deepest sympathy with the Ukrainian ECA member federation and the Ukrainian cheerleaders community.
Article 10 – The Disciplinary Authorities
- The disciplinary authorities of ECA are
- the Disciplinary Committee
- the Appeal Committee
- The chairman and the members shall be appointed by the Board, but Board members shall not belong to that committee.
- The Disciplinary Committee and the Appeal Committee shall consist of a chairman and two members. The members shall be completely independent of the parties in dispute.
- The committees will be appointed whenever there is a need for a hearing and will remain in place only to conduct that hearing.
- The committees will make their decision on the basis of written or oral evidence submitted by to it.
Article 15 – Penalties and Disciplinary Measures
1. Any association, club, athlete, member or official bound by the Statutes and Rules of ECA, may be penalised in case of violation of the same.
2. The Disciplinary committee shall be competent to impose penalties and disciplinary measures, except termination of membership.
3. Possible penalties and disciplinary measures are:
• A caution
• A censure
• A fine of 100 EURO up to 10,000 EURO
• A ban from taking part in any current and/ or future competition.
• Suspension from membership
4. In imposing a penalty the committee must have regard to the nature of the offence and the member’s previous conduct. If imposing a fine their financial position must also be considered.
5. Where a complaint is made to the Board, or the Board of its own motion decides there has been a disciplinary breach, against anyone referred to in para 1, the Board will within 4 weeks appoint a Disciplinary committee in accordance with Article 10.
6. The committee will set a hearing date within 4 weeks of its being appointed at which it will decide the matter upon written or oral evidence submitted to it. The decision must be published to all members within 2 weeks of the hearing being concluded. If a party to the proceedings wishes to appeal they have 2 weeks from the publishing of the decision.